Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) Dr. Vodder Method:
The Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a specific treatment aimed at encouraging the natural drainage of lymph fluid around the body back into the circulatory system. It is a very gentle but precise therapeutic technique working at skin level to promote the normal activity of lymph vessels.
The light and varying rhythmic pressures exerted by the Therapist have the combined effect of calming the nervous system, reducing lymphoedema/swelling, and reducing pain amongst other beneficial effects. (Lymphoedema is local tissue swelling due to a compromised/blocked lymphatic system)
Below are examples of conditions where MLD has been shown to provide healing effects;
- Trauma-related conditions; Lymphoedema following bone breaks, joint dislocation, torn or sprained ligaments, torn muscles, post-surgery
- Rheumatic or Inflammatory conditions; Rheumatoid arthritis, sinusitis
- Cosmetic conditions; Wounds and burns, post-cosmetic surgery
- Gynaecological conditions; PMT, fluid retention
- Neurological conditions; Fibromyalgia, retuning of the autonomic nervous system – this can improve relaxation and sleep and aid digestion
If you have further questions about this treatment, what is involved, and whether this may benefit you, please contact me.
For further information on Lymphoedema and MLD here are some useful links;